Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Sunday, April 20, 2008

No-Gi Chokes Seminar @ New Breed Jiu-Jitus Chicago

I was going to write a blog entry yesterday, but I fell asleep early. I guess my lack of sleep caught up with me. It's Sunday here and I'm not planning to train today. I have a couple of things I have to do before I leave for Chicago this weekend.

I'll be in Chicago from Friday to Monday, and will be conducting a "Chokes" seminar at New Breed Chicago on Saturday (noon to about 3 or 4pm). Other than that, I'll just be hanging out there.

As for last night's UFC. GSP--was there any doubt? He made Serra look like a complete beginner. Lutter? It seems like he didn't train much for the fight. I think the fight card was pretty lame. But, I'm looking forward to next months UFC in Vegas! Another trip perhaps?

Anyway, that's it for today. I'll get back to writing more tomorrow.

No comments: