Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally Back in San Diego

I arrived in San Diego late last night after my flight was delayed for over two hours! I could have relaxed and gone to dinner first! (Again, I was too exhausted to get online, so I couldn't write a blog entry. I apologize.) I'm glad to be back "home." It's been a long week and a half. I'm still messed up from my quick trip to the Philippines. This long weekend in Las Vegas didn't help my jet lag, too. Although I had a great time. Drysdale lead the show on Sunday showing some great moves. Springer conducted a strength and conditioning session in the morning, and Thompson and White conducted a striking and MMA session in the afternoon.

I'm not so glad that tomorrow I have to be in class tomorrow and that I have a ton of work to do. I wasn't able to tend to some things while in the Philippines and Las Vegas, so everything has piled up now. Great. It's going to take me two or three days to finish all that I have to do, so my blog entries may be shorter than usual for a few days.

I have LA and San Francisco trips coming up, so I'll be writing about what's up while in the two cities. June might also bring me back to New York and South Beach for a few days. Then, there are plans to head to Brazil some time in June. More planes...

On a serious note, I want to send out my sincere condolences to Mike "Chicken Adobo" Perez and John Ouano. Mike's father passed away last week and John's father passed away yesterday. Please drop them a message if you want, as I'm sure they could use some support in dealing with their fathers' passing. Mike and John, if you guys need anything, I'm here for you. Take care, and I'll talk to both of you soon.

No comments: