Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Monday, April 14, 2008

Correction on My Opinion of Banayad Vs. Lozada Fight

After watching the video again, I noticed that Lozada knocked down Banayad at the end of round 2. So under GAB's scoring, the knockdown would give Lozada the round. Anyway you look at it, it was a good match up.

1 comment:

night_train said...

Round 1 definitely went to Lozada. Only offense Mike had were his takedown attempts which Lozada snuffed with a barrage of punches. Round 2 was pretty even until the knockdown. Round 3 saw Banayad's counter punching take the round for him... All in all, I'd score the fight 29-28 for Lozada. Wish the fighters put up more of a fight though. Rounds 2 and 3 looked like two grown men playing tag.