Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Friday, March 28, 2008

Workshop for New Breed Jiu Jitsu Philippines Members on Sunday

Had a full day and didn't get to train, unfortunately. If there wasn't so much traffic in Metro-Manila, I would definitely have about 2 hours of extra time to train, or do some kind of conditioning. But, I had to go to some meetings so had no choice but to forgo any kind of training.

I met up with Steven Kamphuis this morning. He showed me his gym and talked about his new Makati branch that will open in the near future. We talked business for a while and discussed training and the development of BJJ in the Philippines. We both believe that outside of Japan, the Philippines probably has the most talent in Asia, and we both see eye-to-eye in helping Pinoys continue to excel.

I'll be teaching a private seminar for New Breed on Sunday at 3:00pm, so if you train at New Breed and are interested, please communicate with your branch instructors for the details.

I just got back from a long dinner and need to rest up a bit because my jet lag is acting up and I still plan on heading out in a little while. I'll write more about training and other topics relevant to the MMA blog as soon as I get settled in; it's been hectic since I arrived. Hopefully everything eases up tomorrow.

No comments: