Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Morning Training

This morning was one of those days. I slept real late working on different things and still got up early. I'm one of those people who tends to wake up at a certain time no matter how late I sleep. I woke up and realized that I was going to be doing some MMA training to help Baret out for his upcoming fight. However, I felt exhausted. Not just physically, but mentally. I have been trying to balance several other things I'm passionate about aside from training. I'm also one of those people who does what it takes to get the job done; so for a good number of weeks, I'm up real late doing different things. It's the constant struggle of balancing everything that can drain me at times.

Baret taught the regular class this morning. I decided to take the class because it would be a good warm up for our MMA training. My brother Mike, and our friend Bob were also there to help Baret with his MMA training. We went over some X-guard techniques, drilled, and sparred. Baret seemed to be a little exhausted this morning, so he decided to postpone the MMA training until Monday--it was a good thing because my head isn't on right today, and I'm feeling sluggish today. We all ended up rolling with one another and different students in the class for about 45 minutes to an hour.

Baret was focusing on his leg locks today; Bob has been trying to work some new passes he learned in Brazil; my brother seems to playing around a lot with a specific Brabo choke setup; and I decided to work some half guard techniques. As Like I've said in previous entries, it's always good to go into training with an idea of what you want to work that day. People tend to improve more when they set little goals for themselves.

As I mentioned, I'm a bit drained today so I'm going to cut this entry short. Before I go, here are some pics and a short video from training today. My brother and Baret are rolling in the pics, and both of them are also in the video clip rolling with Aaron. I apologize for the background conversations you can hear. I'm too tired today to edit them out or mask them with music.







Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: