Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Friday, March 21, 2008

In the Philippines in a Few Days; Blue Belt BJJ Requirement Correction; and Never Back Down

I'm leaving for the Philippines in a few days, so I've been busy with a lot of things I have to take care of before I leave. My trip will be pretty hectic, too. I'll be taking care of some business for projects I am starting in the U.S., teaching some privates, training, etc. But, it's always good to be back in the Philippines. I'm busy taking care of some work right now and will have to keep this blog entry short.

In my rush to blog the other day, I completely forgot the half guard position for the Blue Belt requirements I listed. You can add on 3 sweeps from half guard, and 3 passes to the list. When I'm back in the Philippines, I'll check the original videos I made to see if I forgot anything. I might even record a new, updated version if people are interested.

I finally had a chance to watch Never Back Down. The story was very predictable and is one that I wouldn't pay the $10 ticket price to watch (i.e. I didn't pay to watch it). I don't know if my reaction would be different if I was as young when I watched The Karate Kid and other similar movies, but I didn't care much for the movie. There were some brief moments of inspiration that give you the feeling of wanting to train, but very brief. I truly hope the other upcoming MMA movies will be much better. Don't go out of your way just to watch the movie.

No comments: