Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Teaching at LA Boxing and Shout Out to Michael Perez

Sunday = Rest day. Didn't train, run, or do anything very physical today. Just relaxed and took care of some things I had to do. Oh, also watched the movie Hitman at home--must say I thought it was pretty good. Made me want to go out and shoot people. j/k I've been communicating with people from LA Boxing about teaching classes in a new Southern California location. I will most likely be teaching regularly again if we can arrange classes that fit into my busy work/study/training schedule. I got an email this morning from one of the managers, and it seems that they will adjust to my schedule. I believe they are labeling the position, "Master Instructor." Lol! I think 2-3 instructors will be handling all of the BJJ and MMA classes together. I haven't taught regularly in a long time because of school, but it will be nice to teach again. For some reason, when I teach, I feel that my own learning progresses faster.

I learned from my friend and Pinoy MMA photographer, Mike Perez, that he recently started to blog about his escapades in the MMA world. Check out his blog at www.chickenadobo.org. Mike is a real cool and funny guy. He lives, breathes, and s#&ts MMA because he's a fan and he works in the industry. He also shoots a lot of hot models. I get a kick out of reading his blogs and looking at his photography. You guys might want to check out his site.

No comments: