Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

UFC 84 and 85; WEC and Pinoy Mark Munoz

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. There are going to be a lot of great fights and I'm looking forward to watching BJ and Mark Munoz fight. UFC 84 is this weekend with a good fight card. I see BJ dominating the fight and don't think Sherk has anything on BJ. The only way I see BJ losing is if he isn't his "normal self." June 1 is WEC which also has a good fight card. I'm looking forward to watching Uriah and Mark Munoz. Mark is definitely someone to reckon with and I hope he goes far in the sport. I think he will do very well in his upcoming match. He has a solid background in wrestling and is training with a great fight camp. June 7, UFC 85, we'll get to see Brandon fight. I think he'll take the fight and can inflict the most damage striking. If the fight goes to the ground, then Fabricio has a better chance.

For those of you who do not know much about Mark Munoz, check out these YouTube clips I found.





Lots of other great fights will be on the three cards. I am definitely not going to miss any of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that Brandon will most likely based on his strikes and that it'll be in favor of Fabricio if they go on the ground. Does it mean Brandon is a better striker than grappler?

Myles Vives said...

Hi jtreyes,

No, that isn't what I mean. I'm talking in regards to a comparison between Fabricio and Brandon. Fabricio has good stand up, but I think Brandon's striking is better. On the ground, Brandon is a good grappler, but I think Fabricio may have the edge. Anything can happen though, so I'm looking forward to the match.