Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Friday, May 2, 2008

Interested in Training with Zach Light and "Razor" Rob McCullough?

In the past, I've talked with a number of professional MMA fighters about going to the Philippines to help train some of the locals--not simple seminars, but something more like a week or more of intense training. One of Rampage's coaches, Zach Light (who also fought in the Philippines at the Ring of Fire event) and Rob McCullough (former WEC Champion), are both interested in coming over and helping our fighters. I've been in touch with Zach and we'll see what we can possibly do. I would love to bring the guys over and will have to make sure that my schedule permits. Right now, I'm not 100% about my plans for the next few months. I'll be talking to Zach in the coming days and will get a better idea of how long they could stay, when they could go, etc.

If you guys might be interested in some good and hard MMA training with the two, drop me an email or leave a comment.

Tomorrow's going to be a pretty busy day. I have a 11am BJJ class to teach and am planning to get in a little training before then. In the afternoon, I'll be heading to Mexico for the fights. That's going to take up the rest of the day/evening. I'll be lugging around my camera all day, so I'll take some pics, and maybe some video, of the place I'm teaching and of the fights.

No comments: