Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Busy Week

Today was pretty much my last day of class for the semester, so I'm glad. But next week are finals and I'll be studying pretty much throughout the weekend and all of next week. During this time, I will try to write a blog entry each day, but it will depend on my schedule. Hopefully I'm not too busy.

Because I'll have a bit more time on my hands when finals are over, I've been doing a little research on "high performance" cardiovascular training. The training method calls for different cardio routines and the use of some pretty high tech equipment. I'm planning to make myself a guinea pig and try everything out for 2-3 months. I'll also have more time to focus on my new power and strength program (which I've started because I can no longer do power lifts because of my shoulder injury). I'll give some updates on my progress once in a while.

I'll be teaching tomorrow at LA Boxing and plan on training at Undisputed on Thursday. I'm pretty sure John (War Machine) will be training for his UFC fight on May 24, so I'll probably help out and train after. Anyway, that's it for now. It's been a long day.

No comments: