Welcome to Myles Vives's MMA Training Journal for Fighters in the Philippines! By PinoyMMA.com

PinoyMMA's mission is about helping Filipino fighters get better. Pinoys have tremendous potential, and I want to help develop their MMA ability by sharing my knowledge and experience. Here, I'll blog about my personal training sessions, various competitions and events, and random thoughts about martial arts, offering personal advice to help Filipino fighters excel. I encourage all of you to get involved too, posting your suggestions, comments, and valuable insights. We all can play a role in taking our fighters to the next level.

Myles Vives
mylesvives[at]pinoymma[dot]com

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm back!

Yes, I know it's been a very long time. I did myself a favor and committed myself to a lot of projects. I've wanted to write but I've either had no time or if I did, I was dead tired. Instead of writing a half-assed blog entry that's forced, I rather hold off and write something with more substance.

A lot has happened since I last blogged - personally and in the Philippine and International MMA scene. I don't even know where to start. So, I'm not going to. lol I've been keeping updated with what's going on in MMA in the Philippines and it's great to hear that the FFC and URCC had events recently. I still wish more skilled fighters would compete...hopefully sooner than later. I also heard about an incident at Embassy that involved one of my friends, an old student, and a number of other people. When I think about these kinds of occurrences back home, I always wonder when, and if, it will ever end. I guess that's just the way it is.

Taught today, but didn't train. I think I'm coming down with something, so I took things easy. My head hasn't really been focused on training lately. Too many things to do. The past several weeks, it seems like I've just been going through the motions. I haven't been going hard at all or trying any new moves. It's one of those times where I have to get a number of things off my plate then I can place more attention on training.

My shoulder is still not well. It makes me sick, but I don't want to put myself out for a long time by getting surgery. I've started to do some weight training again, and am going real slow, babying my shoulder. Hopefully the pain doesn't get to the point where I have to stop again. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, been keeping busy doing a lot of stuff and surfing more and more. My classes are starting up again so who knows what my schedule is going to be like then. I will get back to writing regularly on this blog, however, I am extremely busy these days. A lot of things I want to do. I can't make any promises, but I will do my best to write at least 5 times a week. I don't think I can manage 7 days a week anymore. As long as you guys are getting some value through my blog and I can give some added insight to you, I'll keep writing.

I'll end with this for today...Damn, can you believe what Rampage did??? That's crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad about the Rampage situation too. What the hell was he smoking?! Happens to the best of us, I guess. Hope his situation in the UFC can still be salvaged... That fight was very close.